Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why is my male friend flirting with me when he's dating someone else?

When I was out with a male friend of mine recently for coffee, he really flirted with me which confused me. We are both in our late thirties, and I know him to be a serial dater-type. He does have long relationships with women, but he's rarely every single for very long. We both have acknowledge our strong, mutual attraction to each other, but have never acted on it. After coffee, he texted me that he had to control his urge to kiss me and desire to have sex with me. I texted him back that I value his friendship too much to ruin it for one night of good sex. He texted back that he was disappointed, but understood. It confuses me when he tells me how great I look, or how nice I smell, or how he wants to kiss me, etc. Yet he won't take steps towards dating me.





Why do men do this to their single women friends?





He knows I want to date him, because we've talked about it before. We have a solid friendship, but I am really confused right now as to how to proceed forward with his flirting with me, while he dates other women. He also lives with his ex-girlfriend who he claims is his best friend, yet does not want to date her either. I'm not worried about her. I'm more worried that if I wait around for him to change, I';ll miss out on other dating opportunities. But yet I'm strongly attracted to him and he knows it. What should I do? Why is my male friend flirting with me when he's dating someone else?
Wow...I had a similar problem...but my guy friend would always flirt with me and he would always tell me how much he loved his girl...but then he would tell me I love you and that he wanted to be with me so bad...I did like him but I never told him because of his girlfriend...so I just was really confused for some time and then I decided that he was just a good friend I wanted to keep and nothing more so I kept away from him as best as I could only sometimes saying hi or bye but not the same as we used to because I didn't want to make things weird but we still talk at times and he doesn't do that anymore...so my advice would be that you try to keep away from him.Every now and then talk and if he says things like that just ignore them and he will hopefully stop,even though you like him you should just try to forget about him.He only wants to have fun with you and I know you want something more(just like I did)but you owe it to yourself to find a good relationship don't let him ruin that.Good luck...hopefully this helps...Why is my male friend flirting with me when he's dating someone else?
Some men want everything, and if he's with another girl, it's probably a bad idea to get involved. If you want a long commited relationship, maybe it's best to look elsewhere. In the end, it's your choice.
I wouldn't do it. he has someone and you know his history. Don't do it just be his friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment