Friday, August 20, 2010

Is my best friend flirting w/me?

We're really close, but he does things that make me wonder:


-we text all night, everynight + study together everyday


- he waits for me during breaks, afterclass, and if we're walking anywhere.


-he always sits next to me or finds someway to include me in whatever he's doing.


-he's brought pancakes into school for me and he's lent me his Ipod and CDs overnight and his jacket when I get cold.


-A few months ago I was talking about how holding hands with someone helps when I have a panic attack and he responds with ';let's insite a panic attack'; what did that mean? Did he want to hold my hand?


-Today we're trying to study and he's being stupid so I said ';Let's get back to work or I'm gonna get all Hermione on your ***'; (meaning I was going to get serious and study) and he says, ';oohh can I be Ron?'; it sounds stupid, but it's obvious that Hermione and Ron get together -


Classmates are starting to make comments about how we're always together..


What up with him? does he like me?Is my best friend flirting w/me?
It sure sounds like it. But the real question you should ask is do you think you like him? It looks like the signs are obvious for this guy though.





Now, if you aren't attracted to him in that way, don't distance yourself from him. Just say thank you for everything he's done and carry on being his friend, and make it clear that you REALLY REALLY just see him as a best friend. It'll be subtle yet straightforward. Plus it will kinda crush his chance of cornering you and spilling his feelings to you.





Now, if you Do feel the same way for him, then maybe try flirting back. Don't rush into things. It'll be slow, but it'll let him know that you are interested, just not right that very instant! LOL.





Another situation is that you aren't attracted to him and suddenly he just blurts out his love for you....yeah, there's going to be an awkward silence, but tell him you are ubber flattered and then let him know that, yeah, you really like having him around. But you cherish your guys friendship so much that you wouldn't want things to get ruined if you took a chance on getting together. It'll tell him that you don't want things to go any further because you really like where you're at.

No comments:

Post a Comment