Friday, August 20, 2010

Best friend likes to steal all my boyfriends/crushes. What to do?

My best friend flirts with every man in sight, so every time I have a new love interest, she flirts with him. She is very talkative, so whenever she meets the guys I like, she chats them up and I get left out of the conversation. She acts as if they're her best friends, even if they've just met 5 minutes ago. Then they decide that they like her instead of me. I am not an unlikable person. I'm moderately attractive, not unfriendly, and a good listener. But I am quiet and don't like to draw much attention to myself. I am thinking I might just give up on trying to meet guys because they always lose interest in me and go to her. I don't want to change my personality and become a chatterbox just to get male attention; I want guys to accept me for who I am. So how can I get someone who will like me instead of my best friend? Should I just not let her meet my crushes? What should I do?Best friend likes to steal all my boyfriends/crushes. What to do?
Have you ever heard that expression ';the squeaky wheel gets the oil?'; Well, your friend is the squeaky wheel. You sound like the kind of girl who likes to get to know somebody before you decide to ';let them in'; thats not a bad thing. There ARE guys out ther that appreciate, even prefer that in a girl.Best friend likes to steal all my boyfriends/crushes. What to do?
find a really discusting guy who has bad manners and habits knowing she is jealous of you and will repeat her nasty routine...





make her think you really like him and want him etc ant then let her have the jerk ..





and move on find a new best friend who will treat you right ans respect you, your feelings and those you care about... i.e. won't behave inappropriate with your bf





Walt
Get a new best friend, or prepare to be a spinster.
well, my first thought would be to make new friends. my second thought would be, maybe you should take a break from looking for a guy for a while, and maybe try to fix her up with someone. that way she's taken, you're free, and (hopefully) no excessive flirtation. and who knows, while youre out hunting for a guy friend for your best friend, you might find someone. hope that helps, just don't give up!
before doing anything too drastic, I would try to have a honest chat with your friend. Tell her, exactly how you feel about her behavior. Perhaps she is not aware of what she is doing. I wouldn't necessarily recommended not introducing her to your crushes at all, maybe you should work on the timing of the introduction.
I guess you shouldn't worry about a guy who can leave this easily, and go to someone else, not worth keeping him, and have a good talk to your best friend, tell her you don't like her talking and flirting so much to your guy friends, see what happens, also there is no need to change your personality, you'd find someone special one day who would love you for who you are anyway, good luck.
drop your friend.





you should've done that a long time ago.





cuz let's face it, you're never going to confront her about it.
Tell your friend how you feel. She may not even realize she is overly flirtatious or that you like someone in particular. If she disregards your feelings or continues with her behavior, I would find a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment